Includes: (3) Three Pocket Units w/ Reservoir, (3) Three Drip Kits, (1) Drip Supply Line Kit, and (1) Automatic Drip Timer Valve
Comes in Chocolate, Green, Black Allow 2 Weeks for Delivery
How to hang, plant & water?
Hook Up Your Plants - It’s easy! Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included.
Let’s Hang in Five Easy Steps:
1. Hang in a place that gets the perfect amount of sunlight for the plants that you have chosen.
2. Grommets are spaced 22” apart. Measure that distance on the Wall. Mark where the grommet holes will be.
3. Drill the holes.
4. Slide fasteners into the holes.
5. Screw pocket into the fasteners.
If hanging multiples, overlap the Pockets’ grommets horizontally. Like building blocks, pockets are modular. Space them 13” apart vertically (from grommet to grommet) –this hides the grommets and ensures plants have enough space to thrive but are still dense enough to create a lush living wall!.
We recommend a high-quality indoor potting soil for all indoor plantings. If planting edibles, try organic edible soil. For outdoors, a high-quality outdoor potting soil will do the trick.
1. You may want to lay out a tarp, ‘cause this part can get a little messy.
2. With pocket on the wall, fill it almost all the way to the top with organic potting soil. Be sure to get the corners, and don’t use a sharp trowel to avoid puncturing pocket.
3. Select plants based on the amount of light and temperature of the chosen location. For indoor plantings, consider tropical plants because they do well in lower light. For a beautiful lush planting, use two or three full sized 6” - 8” plants. Get creative!
Once you are ready to plant, remove your plants from their pots. Consider gently soaking your plant’s roots in water before planting.
5. Dig small holes in the soil and plant your plants. Make sure plant roots are in contact with the tongue (remember, the plants get their water from pockets tongue.)
6. Once your plant is securely embedded in the soil, feel free to top off. Voila!
Smart Watering: The pockets tongue does all the work.
The tongue is the felt flap inside the Pocket. The tongue sits on top of the moisture barrier, absorbs the water and carries it down to the roots of the plant. So when watering the plants, water the tongue directly. Any excess water accumulates in the pockets reservoir or evaporates through its breathable sides-- this prevents overwatering and conserves water.
What Kind of Water, How Much & How Often?
We recommend watering with filtered water, especially when watering indoors. The amount of water necessary for plants to thrive varies, so check each plants’ watering requirements. On average we recommend watering
approximately one cup of water once each week (a long-spout watering can or a wine bottle works great as a water receptacles). They should be watered slowly so that the Tongue can absorb all that moisture. Use these guidelines as a jumping off point and assess how well the plants are doing, adjust watering accordingly. For larger applications, consider setting up a drip irrigation system.
What About the Floors & Walls? Will they get wet?
In a word, no! Pockets have a military grade built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir and ensures walls and floors don’t get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil’s nutrition in your Pocket. The ‘no reservoir’ option, good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, has a recessed moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.